Job Description: Research Partner
Reporting to: Head of Practice/Director
- Carry out candidate identification, initial approach and pre-screening of candidates as well as research and analysis for bit preparation, business development, competitor intelligence as one of a team of in-house researchers.
- Provide excellent research/client & candidate intelligence reporting to support business development activities.
- To consistently identify business development opportunities and ensure these are passed to the relevant Practice leader and Directors.
Specific responsibilities (summarised but not limited to):
- To identify suitable candidates and sources for assignments through a variety of means.
- Approach and secure applications from suitable candidates.
- Ensure a diverse pool of suitable candidates is generated as part of each assignment.
- Provide feedback to unsuccessful search candidates.
- To source information on client organisations, including background, current issues of relevance and key personalities through systematic, research methods.
- Develop and maintain practice specific candidate networks.
- To produce accurate and timely information to support client proposals.
- Produce timely, accurate and detailed reports, detailing progress on each assignment on a periodic and as demand requires.
- To support Practice leader’s business development through competitor tracking and by developing and managing a rigorous, fit-for-purpose programme of policy analysis.
- Ensure that all research is delivered on time, and to quality standards.
- Edit and proof-read documents as necessary and ensuring that the Veredus house-style is used consistently to support and enhance the Veredus brand.
- Ensure that all knowledge and information generated from research activities is effectively captured on company database software in order to add value to future assignments.
- Help development, implement and maintain the process, standards and systems that will ensure the effective management of Veredus’ research, information and knowledge.
- Be effective and efficient in use of resources.
- Contribute to thought leadership pieces, case studies, blogs and sector/industry discussion as required.
- Ensure that research is cost effective, that work is recorded in appropriate systems both to support knowledge sharing and to provide management information.
- Ensure we measure and monitor quality and gain customer feedback from consultants and clients.
- Experience of successfully conducting research using a variety of methods.
- Evidence of having delivered high-quality research to challenging deadlines.
- Experience of building relationships and partnerships working with a range of internal stakeholders and clients.
Ability, skills and knowledge
- Sound current working knowledge of the major organisations and issues in either the public or private sector.
- Excellent telephone and desk-based research skills.
- Good knowledge of published sources of information and how to search the internet/social media effectively.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with tenacity and creativity.
- Well-developed oral, written and presentation skills, with the ability to persuade and influence.
- Ability to manage competing priorities well in a pressured environment and to deliver to quality and time.
Personal style and behaviour
- A clear thinker who can identify solutions, win credibility and communicate articulately within a dynamic and robust environment.
- A client focused approach to service delivery.
- Able to work independently but effective in teams to and be able to work well with Consultants, Directors, and Support Staff.
Please send your C.V & Covering Letter to Steve Womersley
📞 07808 015 674
To apply for this job please visit st.