We are looking for an interim Principal Auditor to independently plan and deliver a significant portfolio of highly complex, sensitive and high profile systems, probity, operational and technical audits across the Council, group companies, schools, partnerships and external clients often concurrently and to agreed deadlines. With no supervision you will deliver high quality procurement, contract and commercial audits and focused audit opinions, to budget and within timescale, that positively influence key stakeholders to embed risk management and internal control practices and to improve the overall strength of the control framework.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- CMIIA or CCAB full qualification and be a member of a professional body with clear evidence of continuing professional development
- Extensive experience of independently planning, managing and delivering commissioning, procurement, contract and commercial audits in large organisations at a Senior Auditor level
- Experience of working in a commercial environment and the ability to undertake value for money and contract management audits
- Extensive experience of developing and implementing effective assurance arrangements and tools to support effective independent assurance of Portfolio.
- Demonstrable experience of being a proactive, independent thinker who can confidently express their views, having the ability to look across their work and understand and apply bigger picture considerations where necessary.
The normal duties of the role may involve travel on a regular or occasional basis. It is a condition of employment that the role holder can exercise satisfactory travel mobility in order to fulfil the obligations of the role.