Back to job search
A Local Authority based in the East of England requires an Interim Head of Planning and Economic Development to start at the end of January for a period of 3- 6 months. You will be accountable for the economic, efficient and effective delivery of all services in the service group. You will also be accountable for continuous improvement of service quality in these services, and for exploring and securing innovative ways of working, including opportunities for shared services, partnership working and income generation.
You will be required to provide an effective and successful planning and regulatory service that enables development to meet the physical, economic and social needs of the borough and the wider spatial area. Ensuring that staff and service performance is well managed, continuously improves and that comprehensive accountability systems are maintained. You will develop and maintain effective links with the private sector, the LEP and other Local Authorities to enable the Council to maximise growth opportunities and inward investment to the area.
This Interim position requires you to have a degree or equivalent in Town Planning and Corporate Membership of Royal Town Planning Institute.
You will also have in-depth and up to date knowledge of Planning law and other legislation, regulations and standards which impact on economic development and local government service delivery. You should have experience in the following areas:
• Proven track record of technical and management expertise in across all areas of Planning including development control, policy and enforcement
• Experience of staff management including the management of grievance and disciplinary issues.
• Experience of service and business planning
• Experience of effectively leading a diverse workforce and managing complex budgets and other resources
• Managing the delivery of a range of programmes of work and major projects
• Experience of addressing the public, consultation mechanisms and responding to modern forms of media.
If you are interested in this interim position please apply by sending your CV to Kerry.email@example.com
17 days ago
09 Feb 00:00
End of January