Our client is a membership organisation providing services and support to medical professionals. They are looking for an interim Director of Events to take strategic responsibility for a large annual conference planned for Spring 2014, as well as additional events and education courses.
The role will include:
- Planning the organisation's marketing and press activities
- Managing the work of the Events and Marketing Department and undertaking all relevant managerial duties
- Networking and influencing key external partners and other national bodies and develop productive working relationships
- Plan and direct all operational duties relating to events including: negotiating contracts, managing budgets, undertaking risk assessments and direct marketing and media strategies.
- Experience in large conference/event planning
- Experienced in print and digital marketing campaigns
- Experience in financial strategy management, developing and monitoring budgets
- Desirable to have experience working within medical membership organisations, though not essential.
This position will be based in London and for an interim period of 3-6 months.
Negotiable daily rate.
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ET/16078.