As Director of Communications and Engagement you will work closely with the Leader, Chief Executive and leadership team to lead communications, engagement and public relations for the Council. You will be working with colleagues to drive change and innovation across the council to benefit their residents, businesses and visitors. You will use your creativity and initiative to lead and implement breakthrough strategic engagement and communications plans for both our internal and external stakeholders.
You will also be responsible for
• Leading and developing the Council’s internal and external engagement and communication strategies
• Developing the reputation of the council and providing high quality campaigns, proactive and responsible lobbying and first class management of press and public relations
• Ensuring the council engages and communicates successfully with all its diverse communities in ways which are open and accessible for all.
• Developing and delivering strategic internal communication and engagement plans
To be considered for this role you must have:
• Substantial experience of leading successful communications and engagement services in a large, complex organisation
• Experience and understanding of issues facing local government
• Experience of working within a similar role in a local authority setting