We seek a Decisions Manager for a London local authority. The responsibilities are to take a lead role for the Council, in its role as Local Planning Authority, with its statutory duties in respect of the control of development by:-
1. To manage and motivate a planning application team created in association with a specific area and / or site specific planning and regeneration projects or programmes and ensure compliance with performance targets and customer service standards
2. To take decisions for the Council under the Assistant Director’s delegated powers in respect of determining planning applications for up to 10 residential units and 1000 sq.m of commercial development, householder planning applications, applications for Certificates of Lawful Development, vehicular accesses, shop fronts, shop advertisements and applications for works to trees, or such other applications as may be required by the Assistant Director.
3. To act as the lead officer for the management, delivery and processing and coordination of specific major strategic applications and / or projects and the associated planning performance agreements, responsible for coordinated delivery to ensure an outcome focused approach. This will involve the identification of appropriate resource and potentially, the recruitment of staff and technical consultant to support the effective process of these proposals through all stages of the planning process.
4. To coordinate the management and implementation of planning performance agreements across the development management function and
be responsible for maximising income generation with the objective of achieving cost recovery.
5. To be responsible for the management of S106 agreements and associated process to maximise the number of agreements closed within agreed
6. To identify and work with colleagues on the development of policy to support the delivery of the Council’s growth agenda